Monday, January 31, 2011

First post

Well, I finally came up with a name for my blog after hours of brainstorming!  From the beginning, I knew that I wanted the title to imply some kind of student learning.  Student achievement should always be at the forefront of our minds when having educational conversations.  However, I often feel that we put ourselves first when discussing education.  Phrases like "I don't have time" or "That's not my responsibility" sometimes pop up.  When did teaching become an "I" term?  Aren't we here to meet the needs of each student in our class?  While we may be frustrated with government legislation and leadership, we cannot let that supersede our reasons for entering the educational field.  I named this blog "Developing Digital Learners" so I'm always reminded of why I am......we are.......here.

No comments:

Post a Comment